You'll only need to embark on a short 8.4 mile water glide to reach one of the world's most prodigious retreats. Aboard, you may feel disillusioned when you first lay sight on the untouched Kangaroo Island coastline. Trust us, you wouldn't be the first.
Featuring twenty-one grand suites with floor-to-ceiling unspoiled Australia's Galápagos views, sandblasted limestone floors, and contemporary bespoke furnishings and artworks commissioned from local Kangaroo Island artisans – the Southern Ocean Lodge is the real deal.
Suggested activities include:
- Paired, locally sourced cuisine with South Australian wine
- Take comfort next to an affectionate sea of flames
- Overlook the salty raw surf crashing into the unsheltered rocks
- Go explore the island's wild beauty and appreciate its unrestricted wildlife
- Simply lay by the pool and enjoy the good life
Here's a complete photo tour of the stunning property. If this place doesn't provide an iconic accommodation experience for you, we're not sure what will.