The ancient Aztecs, who regularly welcomed guests into their home with a fresh cocktail, believed that the hard-to-pronounce xocolatl granted its drinker immortality.
That’s actually not true but don’t let it stop you from enjoying the xocolatl-infused Oro Azteca this summer. What this libation will bestow is admiration among your houseguests, not just for the surprising and refreshing whirlwind of sweet-spicy-sour flavors but for its theatrical presentation which is topped off with shaved bitter chocolate.
So break out the Altos Tequila and the goblets for your next gathering of the gringos. Here’s to feeling good all the time.
- Olmeca Altos Reposado Tequila, 2 parts
- Lemon juice, 1¼ parts
- Spicy honey syrup, ¾ parts
- Xocolatl mole bitters, 3 dashes
- Bitter chocolate
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a goblet
- Stir and sprinkle shaved bitter chocolate on top