Tequila, one of the most divisive words in the English language, is having its moment in the sun. What was once the go-to fluid for FUBAR frat parties and sugared-up beach slushies is now catching the attention of savvy cocktail connoisseurs.
So when our friends at Olmeca Altos stopped by Airows HQ to pour us some of their new seasonal concoctions, we had no choice but to oblige. Pretty happily, too.
Their Plata and Reposado flavors are sweet, citric, and sit well with the crisp spring air. Throughout the next few months, we’ll be sharing several of our favorite Altos cocktail recipes prime for throwing your own fiesta from the comfort of your (lime) cutting board.
First up is the El Diablo. It’s light, tangy and pink but devilishly delicious.
- Olmeca Altos Plata Tequila, 1½ parts
- Lime Juice, ¾ parts
- Pomegranate Grenadine, ¾ parts
- Angostura bitters, 5 dashes
- Add Olmeca Altos Tequila, lime juice & bitters into a cocktail shaker
- Shake all ingredients and strain over ice in a highball glass
- Top with the pomegranate grenadine
- Garnish with a lime wedge
We're getting thirsty just thinking about it.