Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson alongside director Cary Joji Fukanaga officially revealed plenty of details for the still unnamed Bond 25 film at a special event in Jamaica.
Here's everything we learned:
- This will officially be Daniel Craig's last appearance as James Bond.
- Oscar-winning actor Rami Malek is confirmed to play the film’s villain.
- Ralph Fiennes (Gareth Mallory), Naomie Harris (Moneypenny), Ben Whishaw (Q), and Lea Seydoux (Dr. Madelaine Swann) will all be returning.
- New cast members include Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049), Billy Magnussen (Game Night), Lashana Lynch (Captain Marvel), and David Dencik (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy).
- As rumored, Killing Eve and Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge officially joined the writing team.
- The movie will start with James Bond now enjoying life in Jamaica after leaving the service.
- It takes his old friend, CIA agent Felix Leiter, showing up and asking for help to get him back in the game.
- Surprisingly, Jeffrey Wright (Westworld), who played Felix Leiter in 2006's Casino Royale, is not yet confirmed to be playing him in Bond 25. (UPDATE: Wright is confirmed to reprise the role.)
- Shooting in Norway and Jamaica has already taken place with production in London and Italy to come.
- This will be the first Bond movie ever shot in IMAX.
Set to drop in theaters in April 2020, stay tuned here for more information as it's revealed.