Porsche just dropped all the finalized details on the upcoming Porsche 718 Boxster and 718 Boxster S, which pay homage to the flat-four cylinder engines used in the mid-engine Porsche 718 rides that dominated race tracks in the 1950s and early 1960s. It's a pretty exciting departure from the previous Boxster design and is certainly separating itself from "the poor man's 911" territory.
Here's what we're looking at:
- 718 Boxster generates 300 horsepower from two liters of displacement.
- The 718 Boxster S uses a 2.5 liter engine developing 350 horsepower.
- Goes from zero to 60 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds, which is 0.7 seconds faster than the previous model.
- Top track speed of the 718 Boxster is 170 miles per hour and the 718 Boxster S is 177 miles per hour.
- Completely overhauled cabin.
- The rides will start at $57,050 and $69,450 USD.
- Will start hitting dealerships in June of 2016.