Founded in Brooklyn by brother and sister business partners Tyler and Kari Morris, Morris Kitchen makes some of the best Ginger Syrup around, helping boost certain cocktails up a few notches. Here are a handful of solid recipes that use their syrup, all of which sound terrific this weekend...
Fernet & Ginger Syrup Cocktail:
- 2 oz Fernet
- 1 oz Morris Kitchen Ginger Syrup
- ½ oz lemon juice
- Add lemon and Ginger Syrup to tall glass.
- Top with seltzer and stir to make a ginger ale.
- Pour a shot of Fernet and serve together.
Blistered Cranberry Tequila Cocktail:
- 1/2 oz Preserved Lemon Syrup
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz fresh Cranberries
- Toss fresh cranberries in a dry pan on high heat until blistered and soft.
- Muddle cranberries in a shaker and shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube and scoop some cranberry on top.
- Garnish with skewered cranberries.
Dark & Stormy Cocktail:
- 2 oz dark rum
- 3/4 oz Morris Kitchen Ginger Syrup
- 3/4 oz lime
- 3 oz seltzer water
- Pour seltzer, syrup and lime over ice.
- Stir and let drink settle.
- Slowly add rum on top.
- Serve over ice in a highball glass.
- Garnish with a lime.
The Ginger Syrup from Morris Kitchen is sold all over online and in dozens of stores in select areas. Here's the whole stocklist.