Here’s a whole bunch of things to add to your to-do list. Whether it’s jumping out of a moving airplane or writing hand-written letters to those who’ve made a major impact on your life, most gents will hopefully get inspired by a few of these…
– Start a business at some point, even if it’s just a side gig.
– Learn to fly an airplane.
– Coach a youth sport.
– Own your dream car, pay cash. Debt and payments make something seriously less fun.
– Buy a plane ticket on the same day it takes off. Go somewhere spontaneous.
– Buy a nice watch, pass it down to your son when he turns 18.
– Go to the Super Bowl once.
– Go to the World Series once.
– Go to the World Cup once.
– Learn a martial art.
– Visit every continent, Antarctica optional.
– Get a suit custom made for you.
– Join the mile high club.
– Write hand-written notes to those who’ve impacted your life in serious ways.
– Improve your diet and fitness, get a 6 pack. Keep it for at least a few months.
– Learn to play an instrument decently well.
– Learn the ins-and-outs of wine, actually know what you’re talking about.
– Play golf at a legendary course.
– Build a treehouse for your kids.
– Attend the Olympic games.
– Take a bartending class, making a good drink is more impressive than you think.
– Learn how to ride a motorcycle.
– Have one hobby that you’re known for.
– Attend a Cirque du Soleil Show.
– Get a straight razor shave.
– Go sky diving.
– Go bungee jumping.
– Go skinny dipping.
– Solve a Rubik’s Cube.
– Start collecting something that fascinates you. Coins, antiquates, old baseball cards, art, etc.
– Visit every stadium in the league of your favorite sport. NFL, MLB, etc.
– Race a car on a track.
– Attend the Monaco Grand Prix.
– Own a boat, entertain with it often.
– Be a mentor to someone.
– Get ridiculously good at chess.
– Learn to cook something incredible, make it your “specialty dish.”
– Write a hand-written love letter to your significant other.
– Donate anonymously.
– Come up with an idea for an iPhone app and actually make it.
– See a blockbuster movie release at a midnight showing on opening day.
– Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Germany.
– Quit a job you hate and do something you love.
– Go to a gun range.
– Live in a major city for at least a few years.
– Fly in a private jet without Instagram-ing it.
– Run a marathon.
– Go scuba diving in dangerous waters.
– Own a tuxedo that fits you perfectly and make sure you never grow out of it.
– Throw a wild party with at least 500 guests.
– Vacation in a place without internet for at least a week.
– Leave an obnoxiously nice tip when a server or bartender really impresses you.
– Travel around the world and see all the major landmarks in person.
Lead photo via GQ.